Fire, fire burning bright:
When a fire takes place, there is hardly any time at all to think about what to do other than exit the place immediately and help evacuate the other inmates. There is no time to collect expensive china or even silks and souvenirs. Without any doubt, you will be burnt to death if you attempted to do anything as silly as that.
Fire and tide wait for no one:
The fire has the ability to spread so quickly that before you know it, it has spread to the entire house. Therefore it will afford no time other than enough to save the lives of the people and pets. Fire can engulf and raze down the entire place in less than five minutes.
The danger that fire poses to life:
The number of deaths involved in fires is steadily increasing year after year and property worth millions of dollars are getting razed to the ground. The irony is ‘home’ which is the considered to be safe haven can turn out to be a burning grave if necessary fire safety precautions are not taken.
The dangers that arise from a fire to life are:
- The toxic fumes can cut across the inhaler’s internal organs such as his lungs and cause asphyxiation and result in instant death;
- If smoke is continuously inhaled for more than five minutes, it can cause drowsiness and unconsciousness;
- The toxic fumes are carcinogenic;
- If fire lights up in the middle of the night, then the people may fall into deeper sleep ultimately passing out.
The danger that fire poses to property:
The destruction that fire can cause to property is enormous. The fire burns through the furnishings first and then it eats up all the wood in quick succession and eventually burns holes even in walls.
Why should you aim for quick restoration of fire?
- The faster the better: when you are restoring a fire ravaged home, it is always better to do it earlier than wait. This is because in the early stages you can take stock of the damage and try to get back to normalcy as early as possible.
- Sometimes, the fire-ravaged property if left alone can start smaller fires and still further damage the property. Therefore, it is very pertinent that complete inspection of the ravaged property is done.
- Property ravaged by fire becomes structurally weak. A thorough check is warranted by the agencies and only then the house be allowed to be reoccupied
The restoration work must be undertaken only by the professionals:
It is strongly recommended that the restoration of the fire-ravaged property to be undertaken only by professional services. They are trained to take care of such property.
Contamination has to be cleaned up:
Fire, where dangerous solvents are stored, can mean that the property is highly contaminated and nothing less than a professional service will do to clean up the place.
The air quality inside the property is suffocating with toxicity reaching the upper limits. A professional restorer will make sure the air quality in the home is improved by suggesting practical methods, for instance, breaking the walls, etc.
The columns and beams could be affected and the building may have become unsafe for habitation. Professional service will bring in the right certifying agents to survey and assess the property to be safe for re-habitation.